Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill

7060582
Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hockey has been over for a while now, and I'm sorry I haven't posted, but I was also busy with school also and dealing with some other stressful things.   Good news though: THE BLACKHAWKS WON THE STANLEY CUP WOOO!
So onto the review:
Ah Merit, we meet again.
This series just keeps getting better and better.  I mean like I would give up my entire collection of books, over 300 to be correct, and just keep this series. 
That is a pretty serious claim because it has taken me years to amass this many books.  Some of them I have read and others I have not.
I loved Gabriel Keene, I loved how he called Merit Kitten.  I loved that.  I have that on a button now.  It's on one of my vests. 
I like some of the other shifters too, they were a bad ass group of people.
Shifters and vamps don't get a long too well.  And you can see that throughout this book.  They don't trust Ethan or Merit or any vampires.  Like in other books with shifters and vampires.  Gabriel is a little different, he isn't hostile, but he isn't trusting of them either.
Ethan basically thrusts Merit at Gabriel and goes "Here take her, she'll be your bodyguard for a while."  And Merit's like
But she deals with it and helps the shifters out.  Gabriel and his pack are important to the series.  Like really important, I'm talking shapeshifters waring against one another, crazy sorcerers that go crazy and the shifters have to rehabilitate that said sorcerers (no it is not Catcher, and I'm not spilling the beans on this one.)
This book just like all the others in the series has been a wonderful read.  Merit is just as sassy and Ethan just as hot.  You need to pick this series up I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found it.

Quotes:

“Say what you had to about Ethan, but the boy filled a library very, very well.
Okay—arguably, that wasn’t the only thing he filled out well, but let’s stay on track.”

“Let’s just remember, Sullivan, that I want you for your smoked meats and your smoked meats only.”
He barked out a laugh. “Touché, Sentinel.” 

“Dear God,”
“It should be illegal for smug vampires to look that good,” Lindsey said, clucking her tongue. 
“That is so true,” I agreed, thinking a little less hotness would make my relationship with Ethan a lot simpler.” 

“You got shot?” “A couple of times, as it turns out. They aren’t lying about the immortality thing.” 

Overview:
Stars: Five Stars
Author: Chloe Neill
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Yes, and I already have
~~~~AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment