Thursday, December 3, 2015

Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts: A Novel by Janet Delee

25797569Dreams aren’t just for the young, and Ginny Lawther is happy to prove that even at the age of fifty-eight she can still brave a leap of faith…she just needs a little prodding from like-minded individuals. Step one: place an ad in the local newspaper inviting other dreamers to form an Ideal Life Club. Step two: see if anyone shows up.

When Ginny meets four hopeful strangers at the first club meeting, she thinks they’re off to a great start.

Now it's only a matter of time before the sixty-something widow Hilda turns her crafting into a full-time career; the twenty-something Jerry becomes a professional musician; and the thirty-something housewife Lydia publishes her cookbook. That is, until the rugged divorcé, Lee, sets a goal to solve his ghost problem—and upends all their lives!

Suddenly the support group isn’t just trying to navigate the ups and downs of pursuing their dreams; they’re also wrestling with a strange cast of spirits who keep interrupting their endeavors. What do these apparitions want? And why have they latched on to the Ideal Lifers?

Haunting, humorous, and hopeful, Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts sparks the imagination and breathes unexpected life into everyday reality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First I would like to thank the author for sending me this in exchange for a review, and I would like to apologize for taking so long to review this, some personal issues came up that couldn't be avoided.

I honestly really enjoyed this book.  I was a bit wary at first because I don't normally read books where the main character is over 30, but I was willing to read it because the blurb intrigued me and I wanted to branch out.  Ginny was a really likable character and I connected with her on so many levels.  Ginny is a published author, but she talks about how hard it was for her to get there, and trying to get published is not easy.  
Each character brought something special to the story.  Hilda with her big personality, Lee with his gruffness, Jerry with his shyness, Lydia with her cooking, I really want to try some of her recipes.  This book had a supernatural aspect to it, and I really liked the ending, it was quite interesting how Ms. Delee ended it and what direction she took it in.  I didn't see it coming at all.  I thought it was going in a certain direction and then all of a sudden bam! it went to another direction.  
Ginny was hands down my favorite along with Hilda.  Ginny made me wish she was my grandma, she was just this sweet, spicy, older lady and I loved her.  I would love to read the other book Ms. Delee has with Ginny in it, I'm sure I'll love it just as much as I loved this one.  
I would highly recommend this book, it's sweet, it's funny, and it's an uplifting story. It may not be for everyone, but I would suggest giving it a try, because you never know, it may surprise you.  I have nothing but praises for this book.  Again I want to thank Ms. Delee for sending me a copy of her book and apologize for taking so long with this review. 

OVERVIEW:
Stars: Five
Author: Janet Delee
Series Book: Yes
Will I read the next one: Yes
~~~~AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment