Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

12677913
With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal.  It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume in the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all. A smart  phone tag code on the back cover links readers to the series website.
~~~~~~~~~
This is the fourth book in the Tiger's series.  And it was FREAKING AMAZING.
I cried at the end.  It was so emotional and heart breaking, but totally worth it.  It was the best thing ever.
I need the fifth book right freaking now!
I don't see how it needs a fifth book, because it seemed pretty wrapped up to me, but I still want a fifth book because I am not ready to give these characters up yet.
Kelsey has been through so much shit in these books.  I mean she gets attacked by a kraken, bitten by a shark, trapped by a dragon, clawed by a bear, and God knows what else.  Now she has to deal with even more heart wrenching shit.  She is one bad ass character.  I don't get why people rag on her.  Yeah she's emotional, but you would be to if you went through this.  Hell I'm surprised that she doesn't need therapy after the stuff she's been through.
I am just so emotional over this series.  As I got to the final pages I swear I started sobbing so hard I had to take a moment to compose myself before continuing on.
I swear I do this a lot when I finish a series.  I recently just reread an all time favorite of mine and I was crying over it for like an hour.  No I'm not even kidding about that. 


Kelsey as I said is a strong character who was put through an emotional ordeal, and I applaud her for doing what she did.  She started helping a stranger break a curse so that he could be a man again, fell in love with him, left him, he followed her and got back together, lost him, got him back without his memories of her, fell for his brother, he got his memories back, and yeah see why I said she's going to need therapy.
Kishan was just as beautiful as ever.  Like Kelsey if you don't want him hook a sister up.
I'm still a Ren + Kelsey shipper, like I think her and Kishan are cute together and all, but like no her and Ren are meant for one another.  There is not question about that.
I enjoyed this series so much, from the moment I started reading the first book I knew this was the series for me.  It was love at first page.  I even got my mother to fall in love with it.  I read this series to her every night as she was going to bed, and I butchered the Indian accents, one time they sounded like Indian British instead of just straight Indian.  And if you wonder why I read to her it was a stress reliever for me, I suffer from panic attacks and this helps me.
I would totally recommend this series if you love India, hot book men, and a girl that you can relate too.

Favorite Quotes:
“Yours in life, Kishan."
"Yours in death, Dhiren”

“Can I kiss you now?" he asked. 
"I think you'd better, tiger," I replied.” 

“If I were a Jedi, I had definitely turned to the dark side of the Force.” 

“Destiny chose me to befriend him, to save him, to love him.” 

I need to stop going through the quotes on GoodReads or I'm going to cry again omg.

Rating:  Five Stars

~AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment