Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)The First Chicagoland Vampires Novel

They killed me. They healed me. They changed me.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but I was doing fine until Chicago’s vampires announced their existence to the world. When a rogue vampire attacked me, I was lucky he only got a sip. Another bloodsucker scared him off and decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.

Now I’ve traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan "Lord o’ the Manor” Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed,
four-hundred-year-old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude—and servitude. Right…

But someone’s out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?

My initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war—and there will be blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING: This is not a YA book, this is meant for an older audience.  Read at your own risk. 17+ recommended.
Just a little warning here: I mostly just read YA books, but I've come to a point now where I am reading books for an older audience.  I will always warn you if it is not YA related and I will add how old I think you should be to read the book.
All right now that that's out of the way onto the review!
I know I started my blog off with sort of a crappy ass review of Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo but this one will be much better.  I promise.
So where do I start?  Do I start with gushing over how hot Ethan is?  Do I tell you how bad ass Merit is?  Do I give you a little overview of the book?  I think I'll start with the overview of the book then gush about Ethan....
So Merit is a normal human being until she is attacked by a vampire on campus.  Ethan, to save her life, turns her into a vampire.  Merit is a little pissed off at Ethan for doing that because she didn't want to be a vampire.  Oh and humans know about the existence of vampires.  They came "out of the closet" and they got some mixed reactions from humans.  Now she has to decide is she wants to join Cadogan House or become a Rogue vampire with no house affiliation.  Ethan says she doesn't want to become a Rogue.  Will she join?
I knew at the end of the book I wanted to join Cadogan House.  I even got a shirt with Cadogan on it.  I love wearing it. :)
So now it is time to swoon over Ethan!  He's kind of a total jackass at first, but there is just something about him that just makes you want to swoon.  
He gives Edward Cullen a run for his money.  I mean seriously this man is just, whoa.  He gets better over the course of the books.  He becomes less of a jackass and more swoon worthy.
Merit, she is a complete and utter bad ass.  She is a strong character that doesn't take anything lying down.  I loved watching her grow and come to terms with being a vampire.  She doesn't like it at first, but she comes to accept it and like it.  She even falls for Ethan, I mean who couldn't?  Merit also has a epic best friend named Mallory.  She turns out to be a sorcerer, and didn't know it.
Merit and Mallory are each others support system.  They help each other through their problems.
I like Merit's character.  She pushes Ethan's buttons and challenges him.  He likes it, but doesn't want to admit it, and the whole time she's standing back going:
Merit also loves food.  I mean this girl can pack away the food.  Every time she brought up a restaurant or something about food I would suddenly grow very hungry.  The food all sounded soooo good.  It's like this throughout the series.  I've read all the ones that are out now, and I'll review them down the road.  I've got a lot to say about this series of books.
So I would totally recommend this book.  Because it is the best.  It has easily made my favorite book list. You really do need to read this book though.
Favorite Quotes:
“As we left the kitchen, I asked, “Can I hold your sword today?”
Catcher glanced back over his shoulder and lifted a brow.
The sword,” I corrected. “The sword.”
We’ll see.”  


“Luc : It's time for our annual review of Rules You Disrespectful Bastards Never Follow.”

“You have to call Darth Sullivan your 'Liege'?"
I grinned. "Only if I expect him to answer.”

“Chapter Four : The things that go bump in the night...are probably registered voters in Cook County”

“Sullivan, just pick it up."
"My way is more genteel."
"Your way is more tight ass."
"Your respect for me, Sentinel, is astounding."
"I'd respect you more if you took a bite of that dog."
"You don't respect me any."
"Like I said, I'd respect you more. More than none.”

OVERVIEW:
Rating: Five Stars
Author: Chloe Neill
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: UM YEAH!
~~~A  

No comments:

Post a Comment