Monday, December 15, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass

The One (The Selection, #3)The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 So originally I thought that this was the last book in the series.  Then I looked it up in Goodreads and there were two more books.  Naturally I was really confused until the blurb for it came out.  Then I wasn't confused.
So in this one it is down to the wire.  America has finally come to the realization that she wants to be with Maxon, although there is the pesky little detail of Aspen.  Although she did tell him to shove off.  Yay for America!  It quite annoys me when a heroine of a book make stupid decisions. 
I feel like Nick Fury sometimes sitting back looking at the book like:
It's just like I want to edit the whole section and rewrite it.
I do this often.  If I don't like a section of a book I rework it in my head until I like it better.
This book was filled with a lot of twists and turns.  Toward the end I really thought America was going to lose.  I mean it was that bad, she dug herself into a deep ass hole and I didn't think she was going to be able to dig her ass out again.
But America rose up and things changed.  I don't I felt kind of like she was a stronger character in this one, but at the same time I just couldn't like her.  She won't be on my favorite Heroine List any time soon.
She's just too emotional and picky for my taste.
I thought the conclusion was pretty good.  Yeah America did get on my nerves, and I wanted to strangle her love interests several times for being stupid idiots, but it was good.  I felt like it was a good conclusion to America's story.
There were several times when I sat back going WHAT?!  WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!
So I kinda can't wait until I read the book with her daughter.  Hopefully she will make better choices then her mother did.
Overview:
Rating: Four Stars
Author: Kiera Cass
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next Book: Yes
~~~~A

No comments:

Post a Comment