Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite (The Selection, #2)The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I've been super busy with school, and other things that are non-important.  But I'm back now with an review of The Elite by Kiera Cass.
Yeah I know I gave the first book a craptastic review, but I do want to know how this series ends.  Does she choose Maxon?  Or does she choose Aspen?
First off let me say that Aspen has not grown on me on little bit.  I still hate his guts and if America has any brains she will just leave him.  Which I mean we know she does because the fourth book is about her daughter, so duh she does leave him.
But that's not important right now.
So in this book we dive deeper into the Selection.  More girls are gone and the contestants and Prince Maxon are starting to feel the pressure.  Each girl is willing to stab the other in the back for this opportunity.  They all want to be princess, all except maybe America.
Okay so to be fair the idea is exciting to her more in this book than the last.  You can tell she's really starting to feel something for Maxon.  It's just those pesky feelings for Aspen that keep getting in the way.
America made me want to bang my head against a wall again.  Not as bad, but she still made some pretty decisions.  I literally wanted to go into the book and slap the girl around some.  Okay we get it you still love Aspen, but you have feelings for Maxon stop whining about it and figure out who you want more!  You are in a competition with six other girls now to win a mans affections, now is not the time to stand back going "Who do I want more?"!  Seriously America get your shit together and get your priorities straight!

Then end of this book was a little shocking and it redeemed my faith for the third one.  It made me want to read the third one.  About half-way through this one I wasn't sure if I was going to read the third, but the ending of this one made me close the book and pick up the third one even though it was 2 AM in the morning and I was tired.  I only read like the first chapter because I was so tired.
I would recommend it if you liked the first one enough to stick with the series.
Overview:
Stars: Three and a Half Stars
Author: Kiera Cass
 Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Yes
~~A 

No comments:

Post a Comment