Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)Vamps in Chicago!

You’d think headlines like that would have provoked the fine citizens of the Windy City to take up arms against us bloodsucking fiends. Instead, ten months later, we’re enjoying a celebrity status reserved for the Hollywood elite—fending off paparazzi only slightly less dangerous than cross and stake-wielding slayers. Don’t get me wrong, Joe Public isn’t exactly thrilled to be living side-by-side with the undead, but at least they haven’t stormed the castle yet.

But all that will change once they learn about the Raves—mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle and drink themselves silly. Most civilized vampires frown on this behavior, putting mere mortals at ease with their policy of asking a person’s consent before taking a big gulp of the red stuff. However, that doesn’t make good copy for a first time reporter looking to impress his high society family.

So now my “master,” the centuries old, yet gorgeously well-preserved Ethan Sullivan, wants me to reconnect with my own upper class family and act as liaison between humans and vampires—and keep the more unsavory aspects of our existence out of the media. But someone doesn’t want people and vamps to play nicey-nice—someone with an ancient grudge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*This is not YA.  This is meant for an older audience.  I'd recommend 17+*
First off let me say I hate this cover.  Love the series, but hate the cover.  Her hair is just awful, not how I pictured Merit at all.  They could have done better on this one, really they could have.
Okay so my mini rant about the cover is over, let's get to the actual review of the book.
So Merit is still this sassy kick ass take names later vamp, and I absolutely love her!  She has got to be one of my all time favorite heroines.  She has a special place on my list.  I think she finally sort of comes to terms with being a vampire and just rolls with it now.
Ethan is still hot and still very bossy.  But God do I love this man.  I just want to dive into the book and kidnap him.  And I ship him with Merit so hard that I can't even begin to describe how much I want these two together.  But NOOOO... he had to shove her toward Morgan, but I can tell you right now that relationship is going to crash and burn.
Then there's Jeff, he's not in the running for being with Merit, but I just feel the urge to mention Jeff.  Forget Ethan if I had the option I'd take Jeff.  He's just ahhhhh.  I want him.  I really, really want Jeff.  I tell you what Chloe Neill knows how to write very good male characters.
So in this book vamps are holding raves which will be seen as one huge problem with the humans because some of them are soooo not team vamp.  Humans have died at these raves and Merit has been enlisted to solve who's behind it.  Along with the help of her new supernatural friends Merit is able to kick ass and take names and she does it so well.
I think by the end of the series Merit is going to be like:

I just feel this great urge to sing her praises, but I won't because I don't want to sound like a broken record. 
This book is great.  I have fallen in love with this series and the characters.  They each hold a special place in my heart.  I'm trying to get my mom to read this series because I want someone to discuss it with, but no such luck at the moment.  I will keep trying though.
Read this series, it's very good and if you like vampires, supernaturals, and romance than this is the series for you.

Quotes:

“Jeff, I have a problem.”
“I’m glad you’ve finally realized I’m your answer, Merit.”  



“I kissed him, let him kiss me, let him clutch my hips, curl his fingers into
the fabric of my shirt, slide his hands around my waist and splay them
against my back, pull me infinitesimally closer. He made a sound, a growl or
purr, some predatory noise that rumbled in his throat, then said my name. And
this time, it wasn’t a question but a sound of victory, a claim on his prize.”

“You’re wearing your medal,” he said. I grazed the gold with my fingertips. “I wasn’t sure if I should, if it was dressy enough?” “You should. Consider it your dog tag.” “In case I get lost?” “In case you’re fried to ash and that sliver of gold is all that’s left of you.” Vampire tact, I thought, left something to be desired.”


Overview:
Rating: Five Stars
Author: Chloe Neill
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: YES!
~~~~AJ
  

No comments:

Post a Comment