Friday, January 9, 2015

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone Wright

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter #1)Fourteen-year-old Chloe witnesses her mother’s murder at the hands of a vampire. Before the vampire can kidnap her, there is an unexpected rescue by a group of vampire hunters. Overwhelmed by the feeling of safety, Chloe passes out and they whisk her away to their small community.

When Chloe wakes, she comes face to face with the only other living relative, besides her mother, whom she has ever met: her grandfather. Chloe’s mother kept her hidden from the family; now, Chloe tries to unveil the family secrets.

Through her grandfather, she learns her mother was a vampire hunter. In fact, her entire family is descended from the powerful bloodlines of vampire hunters. Chloe agrees to join the family she has never known for one reason only: Chloe vows to kill the vampire responsible for her mother’s murder.

With vengeance in her soul, Chloe is even more determined to follow through on her vow when she discovers the true identity of her enemy and how he is connected to her.

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter is the first in a series of short stories by Jennifer Malone Wright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this book had promise.  The name intrigued me. The cover intrigued me.  The actual story did not. 
That is me right now.
I was routing for this book.  I was screaming at it to be good.  I was wishing it too be good, but alas it was not as good as I had hoped it would be.
Okay so when I got this book it was free. Then I started reading and here was me:
I thought this was a full length book.  I didn't actually see the end of the blurb where it said it was a novella.  So you can imagine my disappoint when I noticed it was very short.  Then I was like okay whatever, it's a book, I'll read it.
So let me put it too you this way:  It was like the book was just thrown together last minute and then uploaded to be sold.  If I had spent my money on this I would have demanded a refund.  I thought the idea for this book was an excellent one, it was just that the writing was poor.
I don't even really remember all that much about the characters or the book for that matter, all I remember is the writing was poor.  I wanted to like this book, truly I did.  I don't like writing bad reviews for books, as I writer myself I understand it's hard when someone criticizes the work you're proud of.
The last thing I'm going to say is that I would not recommend this book.  Some people did enjoy it, you can go on Goodreads and see that, but I was not one of those people that did.
Overview:
Stars: Two Stars
Author: Jennifer Malone Wright
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Probably Not.
~~~~AJ    


No comments:

Post a Comment