Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck

7849341
With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections--leaving Kelsey more confused than ever.
~~~~~~~~~~
First off let me say that I love these covers.  I think they are absolutely stunning.  Whoever did the design for these covers was just a freaking genius.
I have a thing about covers, if they don't catch my attention I probably won't pick up the book.
I know, I know, it's bad of me, but I have found that most of the time if the cover isn't eye catching neither is the story.
So let us talk about the emotional turmoil this series is causing me and Kelsey shall we?
Poor Kelsey, she gets Ren back only to learn that he can't remember her.  I felt like crying and throwing the book up against a wall.  Then he says that he's not attracted to her and that every time she's near him,, she makes him want to run away.
Okay that was kind of harsh Ren.  YOU LOVED HER!  Kishan tells his brother that he's being a huge jackass and Ren just doesn't get it.  Kishan is frustrated with Ren and wants to beat the shit out of him for hurting Kelsey like he is.
Kelsey then asks Ren if they just want to be friends, no relationship, just friendship.  And no more trying to pressure him to remember, because they were all doing that at the end of the last book and the beginning of this one.  He agrees and they start to fall for one another again, and then they start dating... sort of.
Ren can't touch her or he feels sick, so that means no kissing, or hugging.  Good news is that as long as he doesn't touch her skin or she doesn't touch his then they're good to go.
So the boys on a yacht.  A very big yacht.  They go on this yacht because the next quest has to do with water and they're going to need a boat if they hope to accomplish anything.
They have a diving instructor named Wes come on board to teach everyone diving and I kind of liked Wes, but he also got on my nerves a little.  He was from Texas, and he had a big personality.  He flirted with Kelsey which made the boys very, very, very jealous.  
   So yeah they hate Wes, and they are very glad when he's gone.
Although while Wes is still on the boat Ren breaks up with Kelsey because he can't save her when she almost drowned and then he flaunts women in front of her.
Not cool dude.  Not cool.  
Oh OH!  Then Ren remembers her and it's this whole big mess, and I'm not going to tell you how he remembers, but it is this really big mess, and Kelsey's all confused.  Poor Kelsey really gets thrown through the ringer.
So they find Durga's third gift and Kelsey is almost killed by a megashark.  The entire time you know what I'm thinking?
Jaws.
I can see that big ass shark circling the water just waiting for his chance to attack.  I even see this guy:
Yeah, that part freaked me out because I have a fear of sharks eating me.  Thank Jaws for that.  I was afraid to take a bath when I was younger because I had an irrational fear that this shark was going to come up and at me.  Laugh all you want, but I didn't enjoy baths as a kid.
They also faced a kraken, that part was pretty interesting too.  It was before the big shark though, and they whipped his butt pretty good.  Kelsey almost got eaten.  She almost gets eaten a lot in this book.
Oh!  And they have to deal with dragons.  I think only one of them tries to kill them, and I think it was the third one you meet.  
This is the third installment in this series, and I would highly recommend it.

Quotes: 

“How poor are they that have no patients! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?'"
"Shakespeare isn't going to save you this time, Superman. Your time's run out."
He scowled. "Perhaps I should have been studying The Taming of the Shrew!” 

“You're forgetting something iadala. Love is not a consequence. Love is not a choice. Love is a thirst --- a need as vital to the soul as water is to the body.”

“Kishan shook his head. 'I'm not going to let you hurt her.'
'Hurt her? I'm not going to harm her. You, on the other hand, I'm going to destroy.”

“Ren grinned. “So… you and lady tigers, eh? Is there something you want share, Kishan?”
Kishan shoved a forkful of dinner into his mouth and mumbled, “How about I share my fist with your face?”
“Wow. Sensitive, I’m sure your lady tiger friends were all very attractive. So am I an uncle?” 

“You died in your sleep? Drunk driver? Cancer,huh? World war? Well...yeah those deaths are great and all,but wait till I tell you what happened to me. Yeah...that's right...I said kraken.” 

Overview:
Stars: Five Stars
Author: Colleen Houck
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: YES!
~~~~AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment