Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

9662386
Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. Kelsey Hayes's eighteenth summer was crazy. The kind of crazy nobody would ever believe. 

Aside From battling immortal sea monkeys and trekking the jungles of India, she fell in love with Ren, a 300-year-old prince.

When danger suddenly forces Kelsey on another Indian quest, with Ren's bad-boy brother, Kishan,the unlikely duo begins to question their true destiny. Ren's life hangs in the balance--so does the truth within Kelsey's heart.

Tiger's Quest, the thrilling second volume in the Tiger's Curse series, brings the trio one step closer to breaking the ancient prophecy that binds them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EEEEEPPPPP!  We got to see more of Kishan!!!  I had a total fangirl attack I was so so so happy that he was in this more.  Although I was sad that Ren got captured.
WAHT?!
Yes my dear friends, Ren is captured by Lokesh's men.  I want to to hurt that man, more than I have ever wanted to hurt character in any book I have ever read.  He is this books Umbridge.
Everyone hated Umbridge.  More than they hated Voldemort.
So Ren was captured a few months after he came after Kelsey.  Yay!  He couldn't live without her, and my little fangirl heart swelled with happiness.  Then he was taken, and he just handed Kelsey over to Kishan so he could get her to safety.  This man has a superhero complex.  He didn't want to, but he wanted to make sure that Lokesh did not get Kelsey.
That tore Kelsey to pieces.  She knew that he wasn't dead, she could feel it.  Kishan was there for her though, he helped her through this.  He was so thoughtful and kind, and sweet, and I'm gushing aren't I?  I'm sorry, but I LOVE Kishan.

Then he made his move when they were in Shangri-La.  Yep, they go to Shangri-La, and a lot of stuff happened.  They ate with fairies, got stung by bees, climbed up a massive trees, things got stolen by Odin's Ravens, big angry metallic birds try to kill Kishan and Kelsey.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  So they get Durga's second gift, yay!  Kishan and Ren now have 18 hours as men, woo-hooo!  Ren is still captured, noooo!
But wait!  There is good news!  They save him.  But there is still some bad news.
He can't remember Kelsey, like at all.  

AGHHH!  So this book brought up so many freaking feels, but I loved it. I loved every minute of it.  This series is seriously climbing to the top of my favorite series list.  I love Ren, Kishan, Mr. Kadam, Nilima, and Kelsey.
I recommend this series.

Quotes:

“I decided to find you, throw myself at your feet, and beg you to have mercy on me. Honestly, I’ll accept whatever you choose, Kelsey. Just don’t ask me to live apart from you again. Because...I can’t.”   

 “I was just slipping my pajama top over my head when I heard Ren bellow, “YOU ate ALL of my peanut . . . butter . . . COOKIES?” 

“Tarzan-like men are my weakness, apparently.” 

“I shoved him. "Kishan. Kishan! Wake up!"
He woke only halfway and pulled me closer. "Shh, go back to sleep. It's not morning yet."
"Yes, it is morning." I pushed against his ribs. "Time to wake up. Come on!"
"Okay, honey, but how about a kiss first? A man needs some motivation to get out of bed."
"That kind of motivation keeps a man in bed. I'm not kissing you. Now get up.”

“It's about bloody time, woman.” 

“Kishan stretched out his hand and touched and earring lightly. His rakish pirate about-to-make-off-with-your-woman-and-what-do-you-think-you're-gonna-do-about-it look melted away to a soft smile that turned up the corner of his mouth.” 

Overview:
Ratings: Five Stars
Author: Colleen Houck
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Yes
~~~ AJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment